You do not currently have access to this article. Download all figures. Sign in. You could not be signed in. Sign In Forgot password?
Don't have an account? Organization of American Historians members Sign in via society site. Sign in via your Institution Sign in. Purchase Subscription prices and ordering Short-term Access To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above. This article is also available for rental through DeepDyve.socialdash.inspired.lv/map4.php
View Metrics. Email alerts New issue alert. Advance article alerts. Article activity alert. Green Library. M Unknown.
Political Manhood: Red Bloods, Mollycoddles and the Politics of Progressive Era Reform
More options. Find it at other libraries via WorldCat Limited preview.
Bibliography Includes bibliographical references p. Contents Acknowledgments Introduction 1. The mollycoddle was "all inner life, " whereas his opposite, the "red blood, " was a man of action.
Reading List - Frances Willard House Museum & Archives
In this remarkably enlightening study, Kevin P. Murphy reveals how the popular ideals of American masculinity coalesced around these two distinct categories.
- TheMarket NZ.
- Signs of Time in Black Poetry.
- Rise of the Unmaker Present - Zenith of the Daystone (The Eridon Chronicles Book 7)!
- Political Manhood | Columbia University Press!
- Featured Print Books;
- Dennis J. Matthews Books | List of books by author Dennis J. Matthews?
- The Winning Hand (Tracker Book 1).
Because of its similarity to the emergent "homosexual" type, the mollycoddle was a powerful rhetorical figure, and it was often used to marginalize and stigmatize certain political actors. Murphy examines the careers and writings of a generation of late-nineteenth-century male reformers who admired the laboring classes for possessing the "manly virtues" that men of privilege lacked.
- Books & eBooks - American History , Progressive Era & WWI - LibGuides at COM Library?
- Nahrungsmittelpräferenzen nach Paul Rozin (German Edition);
- Spark Espresso Machine: Rancilio Silvia Repair: Tune-up!
- Political Manhood | Columbia University Press.
- Kevin P. Murphy books and biography | Waterstones.
- Demanding Our Attention: The Hebrew Bible as a Source for Christian Ethics.
- Political Manhood : Red Bloods, Mollycoddles, and the Politics of Progressive Era Reform;
Added to basket. View basket Checkout. Add to Basket. Out of Order Paperback.
Find a copy in the library
Queer Futures Paperback. Not registered? Forgotten password Please enter your email address below and we'll send you a link to reset your password.
Related Political Manhood: Red Bloods, Mollycoddles, and the Politics of Progressive Era Reform
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved